The Ella C. White Memorial Scholarship Fund board of director is composed of members from the Hilton Head Island and Bluffton communities. Each member is dedicated to raising funds for scholarships that help support students pursing a college education. The board meets monthly to conduct the business of the scholarship fund.
We are actively seeking 10 to 12 new board members to help continue our legacy of providing scholarships to local students. As board members, you will gain valuable board experience, especially if you are new to serving on a board, and be part of one of the areas' longest established boards. The scholarship fund was started in 1972. You will also interact with a dedicated group of members who are passionate about helping students. Our board members have varied backgrounds in a range of fields including education, business, banking and community service.
Board members serve on several committees responsible for:
- Plannning our annual fundraising dinner/gala.
- Managing our annual direct mail campaign.
- Soliciting and reviewing scholarshp applications, and making recommendations on potential scholarship recipients.
- Planning our annual awards program where selected students receive their scholarships
Board members bring a range of talent and skills to the organization including but not limited to:
- Administrative (Recordkeeping,correspondence, etc.)
- Basic Accounting/Financial Management
- Database Management
- Direct Mail Management
- Fundraising and Event Planning
- Grant Writing
- Parliamentarian Knowledge
- Preservation of Organization History
- Program Planning
- Public Relations/Social Media
- Public Speaking & Presentations
- Website Management
- Working with Schools, Parents, Students and Educators
We also accept volunteers who want to assist with various tasks. If you are interested in serving as a volunteer or being considered for the board, please contact Carolyn Grant at 843-422-0707 or email@example.com.
You may also download, complete and submit our board member application, or visit the board membership applicaiton page under the About Us tab on our website.